Monday, July 10, 2006

Genesis

So on one of my fraternal sibling's urging I have created my first post on my first blog.

Here's the burning issue of the month for me :

Why are campers (those which are towed by cars, stationwagons and trucks) not green? Are there green campers? Not so much as in color - but mostly in self sufficiency. I don't see any rain water collection and filtration, I don't see any solar panels on those slow campers I have to follow on the highway!! Why not? I'll look into it.

Is it a burning issue for you? Or just a lukewarm one?

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Mercenaria said...

Ooooh... this wasn't because I believe that RV's are wasteful... RVers are resourceful and in general have a tiny footprint compared to home dwellers.

But check this out:
http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200408/earthroamer_eco_rv.html

The EarthRoamer is a pimped up RV with "high-efficiency solar panels to provide energy, plus a pumping-and-purifying system that can make potable agua from any freshwater source."

Sadly, not affordable for all of us at $155,000 usd

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Phil Plasma said...

We're contemplating the purchase of a (pop-up ; tent-trailer) and I've already given thought to just this. How exactly I can modify the tent-trailer to be more green without adding too much weight, I will have to see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home