Thursday, August 10, 2006

Let's do the jitterbug

I don't really mean dancing - I mean bugging!

http://www.livescience.com/technology/060807_jitterbugs.html

Keystroke logging is not new - it's been around for a long time - naturally as a way to help debug applications by honest programmers. It seems as though it's the unscrupulous among us folk that take good ideas and use them to hurt other folk.

The jitterbug idea is to not have the keystroke logger installed on a computer at all. Instead it will just use the services like MSN already on a computer - and the handy jitterbugged keyboard will send off the packets of data... fun fun fun - but I wouldn't want my passwords stolen! Then I'd have to remember a whole new set of passwords! Yuk!

2 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Phil Plasma said...

I guess what you'd have to do would be to create a new password every time you signed on to a website that requires one... keep the jitterbug hopping and prevent it from knowing what is real and what isn't. Sounds like a lot of extra effort to me - maybe it is simpler just to do everything with crayons and coloured construction paper.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Mercenaria said...

It would be fun if my job was all about crayons and construction paper... but sadly, I don't think either of our jobs will ever truly be about those things.

Creating a new user name and a new password would be very interesting!

Maybe I would write a program for a module to plug into the jitterbug which automatically creates a new user name and password... you know - jitterbug the jitterbug!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home